The International Society for Biopharmaceutical Statistics (ISBS) will organize an annual international symposium
on biopharmaceutical statistics each summer.
The purposes are to provide an international forum for statisticians across
the world to share and exchange information, experiences, research findings, and
to improve and promote international unification and standardization of statistical
practice in the biopharmaceutical industry.
The first symposium are co-sponsored by several institutions and Corporates and
will take place on June 30 - July 2, 2008 in Shanghai, China.
The theme of the first annual symposium is the roles of statistics in biopharmaceutical globalization.
Statistics in Biopharmaceutical Research (SBR), an ASA new journal, will publish a special issue for the ISBS first symposium.
Papers must be presented on the first symposium and submitted by the presenters for peer review.
There will be two days of
pre-conference short courses on June 28 - June 29, 2008.
Areas Covered: Drugs, Biologics, Medical Devices, and Biotechnology. Specifically, the areas covered are
- Pre-clinical discovery
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics (PK/PD)
- Early development and experimental medicine
- Chemistry, manufacturing and control (CMC)
- Clinical development (clinical trials)
- Post-licensure safety monitoring and pharmacovigilance
- Pharmacoeconomics and outcome research
- Pharmacogenomics, Pharmacogenetics and System Biology
- Regulatory sciences and statistics
- Globalization and outsourcing
- Regulatory issues on traditional (herbal) medicine
- Innovative statistical programming, computation, and simulation
- Information and statistical consulting
- Two days of pre-conference SHORT COURSES (June 28 - June 29, 2008)
- Keynote speeches and invited presentations
- Contributed sessions
- Poster sessions
Who Should Attend:
Statisticians and related professionals who are involved in the
quantitative aspects of biopharmaceutical research, development and regulations.
- Online Abstract submission start date: October 5, 2007
- Abstract submission deadline: March 15, 2008
- Registration Start: December 15, 2007
- Early Registration deadline: March 1, 2008